Opportunities for Junior Doctors and GPs
- Hospital / Career Medical Officers and GPs – full-time, part-time, casual
- Accredited Registrar Training Positions
Hospital / Career Medical Officers and GPs
Full time, part-time or casual work…
Ramsay Health Care Australia has opportunities for hospital / career medical officers and GPs interested in joining our existing pool of doctors and providing clinical management and care for a wide range of private inpatients in the following areas:
- Wards (medical, surgical, psychiatry, rehabilitation, maternity)
- Emergency Centres, and
- Pre-Admission Clinics (GPs only – Monday-Friday)
Rosters vary from hospital to hospital, with shifts ranging from 7-12 hours long, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Only candidates holding general registration with AHPRA to apply; and
- A minimum of 3 years Australian clinical experience.
- GPs for Pre-Admission Clinics must be VRGPs
NB: Individual hospitals may require further essential criteria relevant to the individual role
Accredited Registrar Training Positions
Working together with specialist colleges and other teaching institutions, Ramsay Health Care Australia has a number of accredited Registrar training positions across a range of specialties. The majority of these positions are filled via the annual centralised JMO/RMO Campaign coordinated by the relevant State Health Department and/or Specialist Medical College.
From time to time, accredited Registrar training positions become available outside of the centralised JMO/RMO Recruitment Campaign.
Ramsay Health Care Australia is accredited for a number of core terms for Internship training. Intern positions with Ramsay Health Care Australia are recruited to through the following programs:
- Annual centralised Intern Recruitment Campaign; or
- Commonwealth Medical Internship (CMI) Program
Further information is available from the Australian Medical Students’ Association for intern positions in each State and Territory or the Australian Government Department of Health regarding the CMI program.