Opportunities for Junior Doctors and GPs
- Hospital / Career Medical Officers and GPs – full-time, part-time, casual
- Accredited Registrar Training Positions
Hospital / Career Medical Officers and GPs
Full time, part-time or casual work…
Ramsay Health Care Australia has opportunities for hospital / career medical officers and GPs interested in joining our existing pool of doctors and providing clinical management and care for a wide range of private inpatients in the following areas:
- Wards (medical, surgical, psychiatry, rehabilitation, maternity)
- Emergency Centres, and
- Pre-Admission Clinics (GPs only – Monday-Friday)
Rosters vary from hospital to hospital, with shifts ranging from 7-12 hours long, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Only candidates holding general registration with AHPRA to apply; and
- A minimum of 3 years Australian clinical experience.
- GPs for Pre-Admission Clinics must be VRGPs
NB: Individual hospitals may require further essential criteria relevant to the individual role
Accredited Registrar Training Positions
Working together with specialist colleges and other teaching institutions, Ramsay Health Care Australia has a number of accredited Registrar training positions across a range of specialties. The majority of these positions are filled via the annual centralised JMO/RMO Campaign coordinated by the relevant State Health Department and/or Specialist Medical College.
From time to time, accredited Registrar training positions become available outside of the centralised JMO/RMO Recruitment Campaign.
For Interns 2020
Junior Doctor Training Program (JDTP)
(formerly Commonwealth Medical Internship program)
Thank you for your interest in an Internship for 2020 with Ramsay Health Care under the Private Hospital Stream, Junior Doctor Training Program (JDTP) (formerly Commonwealth Medical Internship program).
The purpose of the JDTP is ‘to increase the nation’s capacity to train junior doctors. This includes supporting training opportunities in private hospitals and in rural and regional locations across Australia.’
Ramsay Health Care, a market leading operator of private hospitals in Australia, currently operates 73 private hospitals and day surgery facilities throughout Australia. Ramsay Health Care is a significant contributor to training in the private sector primarily through its sites at:
- Greenslopes Private Hospital (GPH) in Queensland; and
- Joondalup Health Campus, Western Australia (including rotations to Hollywood Private Hospital, Peel Health Campus and training partnerships with regional and rural hospitals.
We are awaiting further information from The Department of Health to confirm details for the program in 2020, including the number of positions Ramsay will receive funding for.
Please monitor the Department of Health’s website for information on the program as it is released and in particular application open dates.